01 December 2008

Top 10 signs that you are addicted to online bingo

I love to play bingo online, and I’m sure you do too. Mostly I play over the weekends, but I’ve been known to log on for a couple of cards on the odd weeknight too.

Last week some friends and I were having a natter over a jar down our local, and the subject of bingo came up, mostly because one of my mates bought us a round with money he’d won playing online bingo the previous week. Naturally we started ribbing him about it, in spite of the free drinks, because my luck’s been rotten lately.

Mixed in with the good-natured banter were a couple of real gems, which I thought I’d share with you. And so without further ado, and with my tongue firmly in my cheek, I present the top signs that you play too much bingo online.

1. Your eyes are red because you’ve been up too late playing online bingo, staring at the computer screen and waiting for one more number, not because you’ve been out partying.

2. A mate tells you a joke and instead of laughing you say, “LOL!”

3. You see someone cute in a pub, but you feed a bit shy. You start wishing this was a bingo chat room.

4. Having worked up the nerve, you walk over and introduce yourself using your bingo screen name.

4. For that matter, the car that you drive has a vanity plate with your bingo screen name on it.

5. After waking up, you log into your favourite bingo website before you make coffee.

6. You’re incredibly bored because there’s nobody interesting to talk to in the bingo chat room.

7. You sign into a bingo game room, and you notice that there’s more than 20 people logged in, many of them friends. The first thing you do is query the Caller about the size of the bingo pot.

8. You nag your real-life friends to join up at your bingo website so that you can hang out with them more often.

9. Someone asks you to repeat what you said, and you respond, “BINGO!”

10. You recognise and laugh at too many items on this list.

There you have it. All things in moderation, eh? See you in the bingo chatrooms …

Written byBingo Lady

No comments: